Co-Chairs: Joanne Bell, Krista Lanctôt
Neuropsychiatric Syndromes (NPS) in Neurodegenerative Disease is widely acknowledged as a major public-health priority area in the field of neurodegenerative disease. Experts are reminded of the universal prevalence of these symptoms in Alzheimer’s and related conditions, the significant added disability for patients and caregivers associated with NPS and the relative scarcity of effective treatments for NPS. The PIA will focus on defining clinical entities that will serve as targets for research and treatment development in later years. Sub-groups related to specific NPS in Alzheimer’s disease, targeting depression, agitation, apathy, psychosis and sleep disorder, will work to develop a series of next steps to meet the PIA’s overall objective.
On Twitter? Follow @ISTAART and use #NeuropsychPIA to share PIA news and stay up to date on PIA activity.
View 2017 PIA events schedule »
Join ISTAART. Gain PIA Access »
Please log in to access expanded content for members.
- Alliance of Women Alzheimer's Researchers (AWARE)
- Atypical Alzheimer's disease and Associated Syndromes
- Biofluid Based Biomarkers
- Clinical Trials Advancement and Methods
- Design and Data Analytics
- Diversity and Disparities
- Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's Disease
- Immunity and Neurodegeneration
- Neuropsychiatric Syndromes
- Non-pharmacological Interventions
- Nutrition, Metabolism, and Dementia
- Perioperative Cognition and Delirium
- Reserve, Resilience and Protective Factors
- Subjective Cognitive Decline
- Vascular Cognitive Disorders
- Join ISTAART. Gain PIA Access.