Professional Interest Areas (PIAs)
Professional Interest Areas are an assembly of ISTAART members with common subspecialties or interests.
- Provide a networking forum for ISTAART members.
- Offer members an opportunity to submit a Featured Research Session proposal for the Alzheimer's Association International Conference.
- Allow members to share their latest discoveries and techniques.
- Provide mentoring opportunities and career guidance to junior scientists and students.
- Promote collaboration on papers.
Generally, PIA members participate in quarterly conference calls and meet in person at AAIC.
How to join an existing PIA:
- Visit the Member Center.
- Click on "Update Contact Information/Join a PIA."
- Check the boxes of the PIA(s) you would like to join.
- Email ISTAART@alz.org for assistance.
How to create a new PIA:
- Interested organizers (1 minimum; 3 maximum) must submit a completed application to create a new PIA. Download the application »
- Per the guidelines, a minimum of 25 members are required. (Any non-ISTAART members listed on the application will be required to join ISTAART within 30 days of PIA approval).
- Submit the application for the ISTAART Advisory Council's review (see application for dates).
"There are few forums anywhere that regularly bring together engineers, computer scientists, clinicians and policymakers. We have begun to map out how this field can have a major impact on the entire Alzheimer's research enterprise."
Jeffrey Kaye, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore.
- Alliance of Women Alzheimer's Researchers (AWARE)
- Atypical Alzheimer's disease and Associated Syndromes
- Blood-Based Biomarkers
- Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's Disease
- Neuropsychiatric Syndromes
- Perioperative Cognition
- Psychosocial Understanding and Intervention
- Vascular Cognitive Disorders
- Join ISTAART. Gain PIA Access.