Diversity and Disparities
Chair: Yakeel T. Quiroz, Ph.D.
Vice Chair: Janet C. Sherman, Ph.D.
Program Chair: Mario Parra, Ph.D.
Communications Chair: Megan Zuelsdorff, Ph.D.
The Diversity and Disparities PIA will focus on identifying potential differences in prevention strategies, diagnosis, or treatment effectiveness in patients of minority ethnoracial groups. A major emphasis will be placed on underlying cultural and cognitive differences and brain mechanisms. The PIA will also explore culturally-sensitive strategies for dementia prevention in these populations.
On Twitter? Follow @ISTAART and use #DiversityPIA to share PIA news and stay up to date on PIA activity.
Please log in to access expanded content for members.
- Alliance of Women Alzheimer's Researchers (AWARE)
- Atypical Alzheimer's disease and Associated Syndromes
- Biofluid Based Biomarkers
- Clinical Trials Advancement and Methods
- Design and Data Analytics
- Diversity and Disparities
- Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's Disease
- Immunity and Neurodegeneration
- Neuropsychiatric Syndromes
- Non-pharmacological Interventions
- Nutrition, Metabolism, and Dementia
- Perioperative Cognition and Delirium
- Reserve, Resilience and Protective Factors
- Subjective Cognitive Decline
- Vascular Cognitive Disorders
- Join ISTAART. Gain PIA Access.