We're moving forward with plans to host in-person events this fall while keeping your health and safety as our top priorities. Registered participants who wish to Walk From Home can find more details in their Participant Center.
Fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring your progress and updating your page.
You can even deposit checks! Learn more about the Walk to End Alzheimer's® mobile app.
Recaude fondos para la caminata enviando correos electrónicos, supervisando su progreso y actualizando su página.
¡Incluso puede depositar cheques! Más información sobre la aplicación móvil de la Walk to End Alzheimer's.
What you need to know about THIS Saturday, October 1st!
• Location: Smother’s Park- Downtown Owensboro – (199 W Veterans Blvd Owensboro, KY)
• Event Opens at 9:00am
• Opening Ceremony at 9:45am
• Walk Begins at 10:00am
• Walk Route: The walk route will take participants from the Veterans Blvd to Castlen St, 3rd St, St. Elizabeth and back to the park! Or Walk around the park if interested in a shorter route!
• Promise Garden: The promise garden will at the Finish Line!
• Parking Information: You may park on the street or at the Parking Garage located by the Riverpark Center!
• T-shirt Design Contest: Don’t forget to bring a team t-shirt to the event by 9:00am if you would like to enter it in the first annual t-shirt design contest!
• Participant T-shirts: Any participant personally raising $100 or more will receive a participant t-shirt in the mail. There will not be any t-shirts on site to pick up.
• Wear purple or your team t-shirt!
• There will be stations to visit at the event: Our awesome sponsors, Kid Zone, Tribute, Promise Garden, Donation Drop Off, Passport, Care and Support, Pup Cups, and T-shirt Design Contest.
• If you have donations to turn in: Please visit the Donation Drop Off table at the event, use the mobile app to deposit checks, or coordinate donation drop off or pick up with Brandi Keller at email@example.com.
Watch this space to learn about upcoming events and the latest Walk to End Alzheimer's news!
Join the Owensboro Walk to End Alzheimer's Group today! Find the most up-to-date information. Check out current contests. Share your team events. Get to know other participants. https://www.facebook.com/groups/owensborowtea
Take advantage of the resources available, made possible by your support! If you can't find what you are looking for, please reach out to us. https://www.alz.org/kyin
Use the Walk to End Alzheimer’s app to scan any check donations you receive toward your fundraising efforts, and have them immediately added to your page and deposited to the Alzheimer's Association! CLICK HERE to learn how to use this feature. Available for iPhone and Android users. Convert any cash you received to a check or donate the amount online via credit card.
Check out these other ways to support our cause in your every day life:
Attention Kroger shoppers! Did you know we participate in the KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS program? Before you shop, take a moment to visit http://www.kroger.com/communityrewards, sign up and select Alzheimer's Assn Grter KY & S IN (Organization ID: UX270) as your charity of choice. Each time you swipe your Kroger Plus card and make a purchase, a portion is donated to the Greater Kentucky & Southern Indiana Alzheimer's Association. Our constituents currently help us earn more than $1,000 a quarter!
Consider showing your passion to End Alz by choosing the "End Alzheimer's" license plate for your vehicle in Kentucky. $10 from each license plate renewal comes back to our local chapter to support our mission. You can find more information here.