Thank you to those who participated in the Columbus Walk to End Alzheimer’s! You turned sidewalks, tracks and trails purple as you walked to raise important funds and awareness for the fight to end Alzheimer’s. Thank you for being a part of this movement and for dedicating your time and efforts to this cause.
Please join us for this special event to recognize your commitment to the fight against Alzheimer's and the success of the four Central Ohio Walks.
Let's Celebrate together. Please join us this Thursday, October 22 at 6PM via Zoom to celebrate some of our many accomplishments and recognition of some of our amazing participants and teams.
We are calling on supporters like you to join their efforts to generate much needed funds to support the mission of the Alzheimer's Association. We invite you to invest in our community again with a unique opportunity to showcase your passion for the cause all year long with our new promise garden lapel pins.
For one day only, we are offering you the opportunity to earn a promise garden lapel pin in the color of your choice by donating an additional $35 to the Columbus Walk to End Alzheimer's. Donations must be received on Friday, October 16, 2020 between 12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m. to qualify for this special offer.
Here's how it works:
On Friday, October 16, 2020, using this website, select from the following three options and donate $35 or more
Please make sure to include your email address for a receipt and follow up communication on this promotion. On Saturday, October 17, 2020 an email will be sent with an electronic form to indicate the promise garden lapel pin color you would like mailed to the address provided. Complete the form by Friday, October 23, 2020 to receive your pin!
- Register for the Walk to End Alzheimer's and make a self-donation
- Search for and donate to current Walk participants
- Select "donate" to make a general event donation
If you have questions or concerns, contact Walk Director Asha Abdi at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Note: This promotion is for donations that are made between 12 a..m. - 11:59 p.m. on October 16, 2020 only through the Columbus Walk to End Alzheimer’s website. Previous and post donations do not qualify for the campaign. You can earn one lapel pin for each donation of $35 and over. You will only receive one lapel pin per donation transaction regardless of amount. i.e. $70 donations will still only receive one lapel pin. If you want multiple pins, you will need to make two separate donation transactions of $35. The donor is the individual who will qualify for the lapel pin, even if they donate to a current walker. The donor will need to fill out the form that is emailed on 10/17/20 by 10/23/20 and the lapel pin will be mailed directly to the donor. We will work to send the pins immediately, however, if an inventory issue occurs, we will notify you via email with an updated timeline.
Make the most our of your Walk Day Experience
- Watch our opening ceremony online starting at 2pm on Sunday, September 27. Click the "WALK DETAILS" button to navigate to "Walk Mainstage" or simply watch the broadcast on our Facebook Page!
- This year, the Walk is everywhere! Pick your favorite park, a meaningful location, or simply walk out your front door. Make sure you wear your purple and wave your flags! By participating you are raising incredible awareness.
- Visit the view-only Promise Garden. Our signature pin wheel flowers will be on display from 12p (noon)- 6pm at NBC4 studios (3165 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202). These flowers illustrate our many connections to the cause and the garden of hope our Walk to End Alzheimer's community creates. (Note: the garden is view-only, please do not remove flowers from the garden).
We want to see your Walk photos!
And there are so many ways to share!
How to submit collected donations!
- This year everything with our Walk to End Alzheimer's is contactless. If you have collected cash and checks there are a couple different ways you can deposit them to your participant page.
- The mobile app is the most efficient way to deposit collected donations. You can quickly deposit checks that will immediately be reflective on your participant walk page. If you have cash, we suggest getting a cashiers check and deposit using the app. Instructions on how to use the app are HERE! You will need to know your participant username and password to access the app. If you need support, email Asha Abdi (email@example.com) and she can help you.
- You can also mail in your donations to an updated mailing address 2020 Walk - Columbus, OH, 25200 Telegraph Rd, Suite 100, Southfield, MI 48033. You will need to include your participant name and ID number. If possible, please include your "mail-in donation form" that can be printed from your Walk participant page. If you have any trouble finding this form or your participant number, email Asha Abdi (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not mail case. If you have cash, we suggest getting a cashiers check. (Do not send cash through the mail).
How do I get a Walk t-shirt?
- The Walk to End Alzheimer's is free to participate and our Walk t-shirts are used as a fundraising incentive. If you raise $100 individually you'll receive your t-shirt in the mail.
- If you hit the $100 fundraising level by August 28; you should receive your walk shirt by walk day.
- The next shipping cut off is September 30, 2020. If you hit your $100 fundraising level by the end of September your shirt will be sent on October 1, 2020. (Please allow 5-10 business days to receive).