Create an Exercise Fundraiser
Select one of these exercise activities — or choose your own — and turn it into a fundraiser for Alzheimer's care, support and research. See the examples below to learn how to turn each activity into a fundraiser.
- If you are located near a national park, river or lake, mountain or scenic trail, organize a group outing. Map out your hike using materials from your local venue. Request a donation per mile hiked, and/or provide a guide, water and snacks for participants and create an entry fee/donation donation per participant.
- Ask your gym to schedule a special indoor cycling class. Participants can track their mileage and request a donation per mile cycled, or set an entry fee/donation for others to ride with you.
- Organize a road ride, trail ride or tour, and invite others to join you. Participants can track their mileage and request a donation per mile cycled, or set an entry fee/donation for others to ride with you.
- There are many different ways to fundraise by running. Challenge long-distance runners to a full marathon, or plan shorter races to increase turnout, such as a 10k or 5k. Set up a relay race for younger participants so that all age groups can participate. Set an entry fee/donation or donate by lap or half-mile.
- Whether you race in a lap pool or spend a day at the beach, you can raise dollars by challenging your family and friends to beating a best time or completing the most laps — whatever you choose! Create multiple lanes so that all age groups can participate.
- Organize a group walk-a-thon, such as a 10k. Pick a meeting point and an end point. This can be a dog walk, a walk through a historic neighborhood or simply a path through town. Ask others to donate per “lap” (whether that is a track lap, city block or other measured distance) or set an entry fee/donation per person for participating.
- Practice kickboxing, cross-training and more with a day of working out! Set an entry fee/donation per class, whether it is a 60-minute barre class or a night club cardio session. Ask others to participate with you or make a donation per calorie burned!
- Embrace exercise through a peaceful day of focused yoga or Pilates practice. Research local studios or instructors interested in providing a space or locate a public place where you can gather for different levels of practice, from beginner to advanced. Accept donations per class session or ask the instructor to donate their proceeds from the day.
- Pick this option if you have varied interests, or your friends and family want to do other activities. You can run, knit, and draw on your own, and your friends and family can do another activity from wherever they are and no one is left out!
- Not finding your exercise activity in this list? No problem! Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. You can choose "other" and let us know more when you register.
- Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. If you haven’t found an activity yet, don’t worry! You can always decide later and start fundraising today.
Exercise in Action
You can also register now, and decide your activity later!Register Now