Create an Arts Fundraiser
Take your favorite talent and turn it into a fundraiser for Alzheimer's care, support and research. Select an activity below to see how you can create your fundraiser.
- Brush strokes or pottery wheels? Gather with your friends and family in a day of art at a local studio or in your home. Have an instructor teach a drawing class, donating their fee to the cause, or head outdoors with your group to sketch in nature. From watercolors to photography, you’re only limited by your imagination. Auction off your final product to the highest bidder.
- Tango, ballet, tap, salsa, or swing — dance is an amazing workout and great way to celebrate The Longest Day. Rent out a dance studio and hire an instructor for your group with proceeds going toward the cause. Choose your favorite type of dance, or select a type for all ages that doesn’t require specialized shoes, such as line dancing or polka.
- Are you a talented guitarist? Are you friends with a band? Celebrate with a day of music. Organize an at-home event, or gather at a local theater or music school for a day of piano, cello, violin — whatever you love! Charge admission or set a fundraising minimum for the participating musicians. You may consider organizing a visit to a nursing home or senior center to play for the residents.
- Bring together a choir or all of your friends and family with a set of pipes! Organize a karaoke party or an evening of songs; sing pop or theater music, religious hymns or favorites of someone you know affected by Alzheimer’s. Take song requests in exchange for donations and post videos of your performance on social media.
- Pick this option if you have varied interests, or your friends and family want to do other activities. You can play tennis, knit, and draw on your own, and your friends and family choose another activity from wherever they are and no one is left out!
- Not finding your arts activity in this list? No problem! Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. You can choose "other" and let us know more when you register.
- Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. If you haven’t found an activity yet, don’t worry! You can always decide later and start fundraising today.
Arts in Action
You can also register now, and decide your activity later!Register Now