If planning an event or activity for The Longest Day doesn’t appeal to you, or if you already have an event coming up in your life like a birthday, wedding, anniversary or other celebration that you’d like to incorporate, you can simply set up a fundraising page. Select one of the options below to get started.
How to fundraise for your Birthday
- If you have a birthday coming up, you can register and set up a fundraising page to accept donations in lieu of gifts. Ask others to donate a certain amount in honor of your birthday, such as $40 for your 40th!
How to honor someone with a fundraising page
- Whether someone in your life has been touched by Alzheimer’s as a caregiver, a loved one of a person with the disease, or has been diagnosed themselves, you can honor that person by setting up a fundraising page and raising donations in their name.
How to fundraise in memoriam of a loved one
- If you have lost someone to Alzheimer’s, set up a page to honor their memory. Tell their story and why they were important to you. Others can donate in their memory.
How to fundraise for your wedding or anniversary
- If you’re tying the knot or have a big anniversary coming up, and would rather give a gift than receive one, set up a fundraising page and include the link on your registry, invitation, or wedding website. Ask friends and family to make a donation in honor of your union rather than purchase a gift.
How to fundraise for another celebration
- Do you have a graduation, holiday, or other celebration in your future? Set up a fundraising page and ask friends and family to make a donation in lieu of giving a gift.