Not sure what you want to do yet? You can register now and select an activity later.
- Rain or shine, a day of bowling is a fun way for all ages to participate in The Longest Day. Secure a bowling venue and set an entry fee/donation for each game played. You can also host a Bowl-a-Thon and request a donation for each pin knocked down.
- Golf allows both novices and experienced players a chance to raise funds. Golf games are exciting for all ages, and a tournament is ideal for competitive golfers. Mini-golf and driving ranges are also excellent options. Contact a local course and explain your needs, number of participants and when you would like to hold your event. Charge a donation or fundraising minimum for entry, and brainstorm creative contests for extra fundraising.
- A perfect outdoor summer sport, kickball can also be played in an indoor venue. Choose a location and organize your equipment: kickballs, bases and cones. Organize teams so that adults and kids can join in! Charge an entry donation or fundraising minimum to play, and ramp up the competition with a fundraising contest.
- Book an indoor or outdoor venue and divide your friends and family into teams. Identify referees to officiate the games/tournament and organize supplies: soccer balls, nets and jerseys or t-shirts for each team. Charge an entry fee/donation or fundraising minimum to participate, and fuel the rivalry with a competition to see who can raise the most.
- Select a facility large enough to accommodate the number of people playing. Use the mixed doubles format to keep the event open to all yet still competitive. Set a donation per set played or an entry fee/donation for an all-day event. Give extra points to the players with the highest fundraising totals.
- Pick this option if you have varied interests, or your friends and family want to do other activities. You can play tennis, knit, and draw on your own, or start an Anywhere Team so your friends and family can do what they love from wherever they are and no one is left out!
- Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. If you haven’t found an activity yet, don’t worry! You can always decide later and start your general fundraising today.
Check Out Other Activities
Featured Fundraiser: No One Walks Alone
In 2016, Doug B. spent more than four months hiking the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine in honor of those facing Alzheimer’s disease. He carried with him the names of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends and loved ones that have been touched by Alzheimer’s. He turned his hike into a fundraiser for The Longest Day, raising over $33,000 to help fund the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. Thank you, Doug!