When you participate in an Alzheimer's Association event, your fundraising dollars fuel our mission-related initiatives of care, support and research. Here are a few tips to get you started with your fundraising efforts:
- Make a self-donation to lead by example and show your commitment to the cause.
- Update your personal fundraising webpage and tell your story about why you’re participating.
- Send emails from your Participant Center to ask for support from friends, family and co-workers.
- Get social and use Facebook to get the word out. Include a link to your fundraising page in your status!Invite others.
- Take your fundraising efforts to the office, school, or friendly get-togethers.
Where does the Money go?
The Alzheimer’s Association is the largest nonprofit voluntary health organization dedicated to accelerating the progress in prevention, cure and living with Alzheimer’s disease. The Alzheimer’s Association and each affiliated chapter share a single vision and mission and are incorporated as independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit entities. The funds raised through this event benefit the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association. We strive to:
- Help families across the country by continuing to provide and enhance programs focusing on education and support.
- Advance critical research studies into methods of treatment, prevention and ultimately, a cure.
- Speak up for the needs and rights of those facing Alzheimer’s through our public policy initiatives.
A donor-supported organization, the Alzheimer's Association allocates its funds in an ethical and responsible manner that exceeds the rigorous standards of America’s most experienced charity evaluator, the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. Learn more about our mission-related activities or contact your local chapter for information about programs and services in your community. Click here to learn more about our fundraising standards.