Tom Norton's Ride To End Alzheimer's Fundraising Page
Happy New Year and I hope this note finds you and your family healthy.
Today, over 5.7 million Americans suffer from Alzheimer's. 1 in 3 seniors die from this disease or other forms of dementia. The economic impact by Alzheimer's to the United States was $305 billion in 2020. Words cannot describe what these individuals and their families endure with this disease. I am writing to ask you to join me in my race against this horrible disease, through the annual Ride to End Alzheimer’s.
Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative and fatal disease of the brain for which there is currently no cure. People with Alzheimer’s disease slowly lose their ability to remember, to think, to communicate and to care for themselves. Ultimately, they become totally dependent on others for their daily care. Sadly, my mom, Joan Norton lost her battle to Alzheimer’s & dementia back in 2014.
However, there is hope and promise for the future. The Alzheimer’s Association is working hard to promote and fund research efforts to find a cure. For example, the Ride to End Alzheimer’s and similiar charitable events utilizes 90% of all donations to go towards research grants and the remaining 10% for support of families with Alzheimer’s in MA and NH.
This June 2021, I am participating in my 9th Ride to End Alzheimer's and I have pledged to raise a minimum of $2000.00 for Alzheimer's research and local family support. Due to the ongoing pandemic, once again this year's ride will be "virtual". Therefore, I will be riding my bike locally throughout the month of June dedicating every mile pedaled in support of this cause. My goal is to ride a minimum of 400 miles this June. Please consider supporting me with a tax deductible donation!
Thank you so much and I appreciate your support and generosity in advance.