Create a Games Fundraiser
Select one of these games or activities — or choose your own — and turn it into a fundraiser for Alzheimer's care, support and research. See the examples below to learn how to turn each activity into a fundraiser.
Physical Distancing On The Longest Day
While participating in The Longest Day may look a little different this year due to physical distancing, we have plenty of fun ideas you can do at home to engage family, friends and coworkers.
- Organize a video game tournament, or play at home and livestream it! Ask for donations or challenge players to fundraise within their own networks. Choose a multiplayer game so that lots of people can participate together.
- No matter their age or experience level, everyone can join in during a board game tournament. Choose a variety of games so that everyone can join in, from Monopoly and Scrabble to Candyland and Trouble. Set an entry fee/donation or fundraising minimum per player.
- You can play bridge at home or organize a tournament with your local American Contract Bridge League club. Choose a location large enough to provide seating for your event. Provide supplies: card decks (remove the Jokers), pencil and paper to keep score and square tables for organized 4-person seating. Charge an entry fee/donation or fundraising minimum to participate, and keep the competition going by providing patches or prizes for your top fundraisers.
ACBL is fighting Alzheimer's on The Longest Day! Learn more >
- The options are endless when it comes to card play! There are many games that require a standard card deck. These include poker, hearts, euchre, gin rummy, blackjack and crazy eights. There are also games played with different sets of cards, such as Uno. Kids can participate with games like war, go fish and old maid. Set an entry fee/donation per game played.
- Join one of the fastest growing games in the world and test your hand at Mah Jongg! You can plan Mah Jongg at home or organize a tournament with your friends or local Mah Jongg groups. Charge an entry fee/donation or fundraising minimum to participate, and keep the competition going by providing prizes for your top fundraisers.
- Pick this option if you have varied interests, or your friends and family want to do other activities. You can run, knit, and draw on your own, and your friends and family can choose their own activity from wherever they are and no one is left out!
- Not finding your game activity in this list? No problem! Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. You can choose "other" and let us know more when you register.
- Participants in The Longest Day can fundraise to fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association in any way they choose. If you haven’t found an activity yet, don’t worry! You can always decide later and start fundraising today.
Games in Action
You can also register now, and decide your activity later!Register Now