Your Dollars at Work
Every dollar you raise benefits those affected by Alzheimer’s disease in your community.
The Alzheimer’s Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer’s. The Alzheimer’s Association:
Provides care and support to all those facing Alzheimer’s.
- Online message boards through ALZConnected®.
- In-person support groups, connecting those facing the disease with a network of help in their community.
- A free nationwide 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offering information and referrals.
Drives research toward treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
- Currently investing $167 million in more than 500 active best-of-field projects in 27 countries.
- Brings the global research community together to tackle common challenges, such as the first new diagnostic guidelines for Alzheimer’s in 27 years.
- Drives support for transformational projects such as the Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer Network Trials Unit (DIAN-TU).
Speaks up for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer’s.
- Accelerated the passage of landmark legislation such as the National Alzheimer's Project Act, which mandated the creation of a national plan to fight Alzheimer's disease.
- Advanced commitment to Alzheimer’s funding from the federal government. In 2018, the Association; its advocacy arm, the Alzheimer's Impact Movement; and a nationwide network of advocates helped secure a historic $425 million increase.
- Recruits advocates nationwide, so that the need for Alzheimer's care, education and research is heard at every level of government.