1. Do I get a t-shirt with registration?
- Participants who raise a minimum of $100 will receive a t-shirt.
2. When will I receive my t-shirt?
- If you raise $100 before August 20th, you will receive your t-shirt before event day. If you raise $100 after August 20th, you will receive your shirt after the walk.
3. Why should I form a team with my friends and family instead of registering individually?
- It's a lot easier for the association to communicate important updates with you if there is a team formed. There is no extra obligation for starting a team vs. registering as an individual.
4. What do I do when I get to the park?
- Visit the promise garden (look for the pinwheel flowers!) to get your flower. Make sure you ask about the color representation and share your story with our garden volunteers.
- Visit the photobooth.
- Leave a note or photo on our memory wall.
- Visit all of the vendors that each have a unique activity.
5. Where do I park?.
- Carpooling is highly encouraged
- Paid parking is located at the Point Ruston garage on Yacht Club Road.
- Free parking is located at the Point Defiance boat launch. There is no exact address, but typing the name in GPS will get you there and there will be signage.
- From the boat launch you can either walk the 1/2-mile path to the park or take the shuttle, courtesy of Fieldstone Memory Care.
- There are other places to park and you are more than welcome to use those as well, these are just the main parking areas.
6. When should I arrive to the walk?
- Due to the parking situation, we suggest giving yourself plenty of time so you are at the park no later than 11 am for the Promise Garden Ceremony.
7. Can I bring my dog?
YES!! Bring your fur-baby and dress them up! GenCare is hosting a Purple Pooch Contest happening along the route.
8. Point Ruston is so beautiful, I could just stay here all weekend!
Yes, please stay after the walk! Silver Cloud Point Ruston Waterfront is offering a discount to any participants who want to make a staycation out of the weekend! Stick around and enjoy one of the many amazing restaurants, do a little shopping and play on the waterfront.
Please use this code to book your hotel room for Friday night, Saturday night or both: https://pointruston.silvercloud.com/irmng/#/search?g=WALKALZ&o=WALKALZ