On September 15th, 2019 my best friend and Husband of 39 years, Jim Agazzi passed away from Alzheimer's. On August 15th, we will have celebrated being together 43 years. Last year I was thinking about what was going on in his mind the last year of his life and some of the conversations we had. I wrote this poem with that in mind.
It's called - In His Mind
- All I want to do is remember
- I want to think of you and remember
- Of My life with you and remember
- Not to forget who you are and remember
- To see your smile and remember
- The twinkle in your eyes and remember
- As years go by my memory fades, your smiles your eyes start to fade away. Please keep on loving me when I forget who you are.
- Don’t get impatient with me when I repeat myself or get angry with me when I forget your name, it’s not my fault because I can’t remember who I am.
- My past is now and the present is gone, those passed away are here and now
- I lose myself when I walk out the door and I don’t know where I am and am afraid because everyone is a stranger.
- I’m not the person that you fell in love with but deep down inside I’m still there. Cherish those infrequent moments of clarity and remember those happy times of our lives.
- And remember
Thank you for helping advance Alzheimer's support, care and research.
I have raised
Walk Committee Member