ALZHEIMER’S IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE DISEASE IN AMERICA.
EVERY 65 SECONDS SOMEONE IN THE UNITED STATES DEVELOPS ALZHEIMER'S.
- MORE THAN 13 MILLION AMERICAN WOMEN ARE EITHER LIVING WITH ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE OR CARING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS IT.
- MORE THAN 5 MILLION AMERICANS ARE LIVING WITH ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE.
- OVER 16 MILLION PEOPLE ARE SERVING AS THEIR UNPAID CAREGIVERS.
- ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE IS THE SIXTH-LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH IN THE UNITED STATES.
I need your support to do my part! Please make a donation to help the Alzheimer's Association advance research into methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure for Alzheimer's.
For the millions already affected by the disease, the Association offers care, education, support and resources in communities nationwide.
Thank you for joining the movement! The end of Alzheimer's disease starts with you.
I'm walking to protect our future generations. I'm walking for my two grandsons (River and Razor) and granddaughter (Daisy).
I'm walking in memory of my beloved mother, Carolyn Scoggins, as well as Grandad Sinnott, Grandma Jo, Aunt Janice and Maureen Chismon who all lost their fights with this cruel and debilitating disease. I am also walking to help reclaim the future for millions. By participating in the Walk to End Alzheimer's(R), I'm committed to raising awareness and funds for Alzheimer's research, care and support.
- Between 2000 and 2017, deaths from Alzheimer's has increased 145 percent. In 2019, Alzheimer's disease will cost the United States $290 billion. This number is projected to rise to more than $1.1 trillion in 2050.
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia.
- Alzheimer's is the only disease among the top 10 causes of death in America that cannot be prevented, cured or even slowed. It kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
Thank you for helping advance Alzheimer's support, care and research.
I have raised