Friends and Colleagues,
Our family continues to be touched by the ugliness of Alzheimer’s Disease, which is why Dianne and I have personally contributed to and volunteer with The Alzheimer’s Association, Hudson Valley Chapter. In the last two years, we’ve watched one uncle pass away and another continue to suffer with many of the same symptoms; it is heart wrenching to say the least.
As a Nation, Alzheimer’s is destroying our families, our finances, and our future.
More than 6 Million Americans are living with Alzheimer’s.
- Between 2000 and 2019, deaths from Alzheimer’s have increased 145%.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer’s.
- Alzheimer’s kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- More than 11 Million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
- Fifty percent of primary care physicians believe the medical profession is not ready for the growing number of people with Alzheimer’s or other dementias.
- In the U.S., Alzheimer's and dementia deaths have increased 16% during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In 2021, Alzheimer's disease will cost the United States $355 billion.
- This number is projected to rise to more than $1.1 trillion in 2050.
Dianne and I are participating in the 2021 Walk to End Alzheimer’s – Rockland County, NY on October 10, 2021. We welcome you to join us for the walk and/or appreciate whatever level of support you are comfortable with.
Sterling National Bank Colleagues - Matching Gift Opportunity:
Sterling National Bank will match colleague donations of up to $2,000 per colleague for 2021. Sterling colleagues should go to the Matching Gift form on Sterling Central and submit. Please contact Jennifer Sterling with any questions or concerns, email@example.com.