Hello friends and family,
During these times, Alzheimer's Association needs your help now more than ever. As the Executive Director of the Hudson Valley Chapter, I often say that Alzheimer's was here before Covid, and regrettably, it will be here after Covid.
This year, our Rockland Walk is on October 16th at Clover (Boulders) Stadium!
Once again, I will be a member of team #goforgold, which will be walking in honor of my friend Marni's dad, Howard Gold. It is great to give a donation, but even better, come join team #goforgold by clicking on the yellow "Join my Team" button below, and raise funds yourself.
Read on for some information about Alzheimer's and dementia if you are interested:
The numbers are staggering -
- More than 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's and Dementia deaths have increased by 16% during the pandemic
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia
- Over 11 million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer's or other dementias...these caregivers provided an estimated 15.3 billion hours valued at nearly $257 billion
- Between 2000 and 2019 deaths from heart disease have decreased 7.3%...while deaths from Alzheimer's disease have increased 145%
Once again, if you would like to support me (any amount is appreciated!) click the yellow "Donate" button below.
Thank you so much for your support, it is so appreciated!
David / Tree
Thank you for helping advance Alzheimer's support, care and research.
I have raised