Greetings Family and Friends,
I will be participating again this year in the Walk to End Alzheimer's on Sunday, October 2, to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's research, care and support.
WHY DO I WALK?
I walk for my fabulous mom, Natalie. She is my inspiration and who, by the way, turned 98 years old recently and still looks like she is 70! As those of you who are close to me know, Alzheimer's has had a physical and emotional impact on my mom as well as our family.
I want to thank all of you for your continued support. Because of your generosity, I was the number two fundraiser for our team over the last couple of years. This was quite an accomplishment and I have you to thank for it. My goal is to be #1 this year!
Thank you in advance for joining the fight against Alzheimer's disease.
With lots of love and gratitude,
Heather and Natalie
SOME FACTS ABOUT ALZHEIMER'S
- My mom is just one of the more than 6 million Americans that have Alzheimer's and that number is expected to grow to as many as 16 million by 2050
- Alzheimer's kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined
- Almost two-thirds of Americans with Alzheimer's disease are women
- In the U.S. Alzheimer's and dementia deaths have increased 16% during the COVID-19 pandemic. I have personally witnessed the toll this has taken on my mom
- Between 2000 and 2019, deaths from Alzheimer's have increased 145%
- One in three seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia
Thank you for helping advance Alzheimer's support, care and research.
I have raised