My dear friends and family,
As you know, my beautiful Mother, Jennifer Page, passed away due to Alzheimer’s and dementia, and this is the 10-year anniversary of her passing. My Mom struggled with the disease for about 15 years. I first noticed the change in her when she was 50 – to put this in perspective: I’m 1year away from 50. It took time to diagnose the disease, she was taking the leading medicines, and was being treated by the Mayo Clinic. Despite all this, my bestfriend passed away at age 65.
She will be remembered as an amazing light and spirit, incredible adventurer, with unlimited generosity, creativity, and love. Some of my favorite memories include:
- Her birthday parties were legendary to me and my brother and all of our friends. She transformed our basement into a spaceship for a Star Wars party, and a life-size version of Clue, amongst many.
- Our Halloween costumes were hand-made and over-the-top elaborate.
- How Montana and nature held her heart. Oh, how she loved the mountains of Glacier!
- Her drive and passion for western art and the Charlie Russell Museum in Great Falls, Montana, where she was the Director of Education. She developed the most amazing educational and outreach programs such as Teepee Camp and Cowboy Fun Days. She was even known to known to “Ride the Russell Trail” with the cowboys on a round-up and shoot a little whiskey.
- Her unwavering devotion to her faith.
- Her adventurous spirit: a world traveler from white water rafting, to safari in South Africa, to pilgrimages to the Holy Land.
- The time she literally gave her last dollar and the coat off her back to “Frenchie” the homeless man who lived outside the library in my hometown.
She was a friend to all her met her, and the most beautiful person you could know. Even the smallest donation is appreciated and tax deductible, and I thank you for your continued support and for honoring my Mom on this anniversary of her passing. The end of Alzheimer's disease starts here.
P.S. Want to double your donation? See if you employer has a matching gift program by visiting www.matchinggifts.com/walk/. Tax ID #13-3039601. Event ID: 14325. Participant ID: 6572572
Thank you for helping advance Alzheimer's support, care and research.
I have raised
Elite Grand Champion