1. Register for your local Walk.
Sign up as a Team Captain, team member or individual.
2. Start fundraising and spread the word.
We'll provide tips and coaching every step of the way, including easy ways to raise funds online.
3. Join us on Walk day.
Take part in an interactive online experience, then walk in your community.
This year, we're bringing you new and exciting ways to experience the event.
Log in to Mainstage, the event's interactive online experience. Livestream the Opening and Promise Garden Ceremony.
Walk in your neighborhood, on any sidewalk, track or trail. Download the Walk to End Alzheimer's app to track your steps and receive messages of support along your route.
Visit the view-only planted Promise Garden. Learn More
Please follow CDC guidelines and recommendations from local health officials when deciding to walk with those outside of your household.
2020 WALK DETAILS
All registered participants will receive a set of 5 Walk flags in the mail. We encourage you to plant them in your yard to increase community awareness.
1. Your health and safety are our top priorities. Shirts are being delivered via USPS in a Walk-branded envelope to anyone who met the $100 fundraising minimum by August 12. We regret any potential delays that you are experiencing while waiting for the delivery of your shirt. Anyone who registered and raised or donated $100 after the deadline will receive their shirt directly from our fulfillment center after Walk day. Due to potential delays by the post office, we regret we cannot guarantee delivery times.
Anyone meeting champions club levels at $500, $1,000 or $2,500 will receive an email from UPS with expected incentive delivery dates. This is not SPAM if you are expecting items. Fundraising continues until November 30 to qualify for the national incentive program. Fundraising for the 2020 Walk season will end on December 31.
2. Face masks from the July Give or Get $25 Challenge are continuing to be delivered. Due to a delay by the US Postal Service, we regret we cannot guarantee delivery dates. All face masks have shipped. Thank you for your patience.
3. Window clings from the August Give or Get $25 Challenge are in production. We expect them to be delivered by the end of this month into early October. Due to potential delays by the US Postal Service, we regret we cannot guarantee delivery dates.
If you missed the opening ceremony, you can watch Promise Garden Ceremony online On Demand. For the best viewing experience, log on from a computer. You will be prompted to enter your username and password to access the site. From here, you can converse with other walkers on the platform, visit our sponsors, national teams and mission booths. You will also gain access to a virtual backpack so as you visit certain areas, you can collect items to review at your leisure. Think of it as a virtual goodie bag minus all the physical stuff.
Download the Walk mobile app on your phone to mobile upload any check or credit card donations you receive. As a reminder, fundraising continues through November 30 for incentives such as t-shirts and champions club incentives. Participants raising a minimum $300 are also eligible to choose a prize from the national incentive program. All funds must be credited online by November 30 to participate.
If you haven't already, please join our Walk to End Alzheimer's group on Facebook. Post your selfies and team photos here too so we can see you and share it on our social sites as the season continues on. We will be utilizing some of your photos for our online Post Walk Celebration Party on November 19 at 6 PM. We may even use your photos in future Walk marketing promotions! Take a selfie or photo of your team and post on social media with #Walk2EndALZ and #ENDALZ.
2020 TEAM CAPTAIN COFFEE CHATS
OCT 1, 17, & 29- Join us for these informal coffee chats where you can ask questions about the new Walk protocols, share ideas, and collaborate with other Walk participants. No need to RSVP, just join by video on Google Meets or by phone at 706-426-0098 Pin code: 625 426 497#
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
This group includes participants from all six of our chapter-hosted Walk events. You can share recruitment and fundraising ideas and start discussion threads with your peers here. Walk staff will also share local and national content to keep you updated with our mission objectives.