I hope this note finds all of you well and staying safe and healthy. With all the recent events and changes going on in the world today, one thing has not changed and that is the need to fund Alzheimer's research.
As some of you may know, my mom lost her battle with ALZ on January 3rd of this year. She fought like a true champion right up until the end. I struggled with whether or not to participate in this year's walk however, with my mom being as strong as she was, how could I not? Even though she lost her fight against this horrible disease, there are still millions of people who need our help. My fear is that one day I may be one of those people who needs help, so now is not the time for me to quit.
For the fifth year in a row, I will be participating in the 2020 Worcester County Walk to End Alzheimer's. I'm committed to raising awareness and funds to support Alzheimer's care, support and research.
I'd like to share some statistics with you.
* Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
* 50% of primary care physicians believe the medical profession is not ready for the growing number of people with Alzheimer's or other dementia's
* More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's
* 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia
* It kills more than breast and prostate cancer combined!
* In 2020 Alzheimer's will cost the nation $305 billion - by 2050 these costs could rise as high as $1.1 trillion!
* Between 2000 and 2018 deaths from heart disease have decreased 7.8% while deaths from Alzheimer's disease have increased 146%. Let me repeat that 146%!!
I'm asking for your support to do my part. Please make a donation to help the Alzheimer's Association advance research into methods of treatment, prevention and ultimately, a cure for Alzheimer's. For the millions already affected by the disease, the Association offers care, education, support and resources in communities nationwide.
You can help me reach my goal of $5,000 by making a tax-deductible donation. All donations benefit the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association - every dollar makes a difference in this fight. Last year I exceeded my goal and with your help, I'm hoping to accomplish the same thing again this year
Thank you in advance for joining the movement! The end of Alzheimer's disease starts with us! It's time to kick Alzheimer's butt once and for all!
With love and gratitude,
Dawn, Don't Stop Believing! xoxo
Thank you for helping us advance Alzheimer's support, care and research!
I have raised
Elite Grand Champion