The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
- Alzheimer's is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking, and behavior.
- Dementia is not a specific disease. It's an overall term that describes a wide range of symptoms associated with a decline in memory or other thinking skills severe enough to reduce a person's ability to perform everyday activities.
- Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia. It accounts for 60 to 80 percent of cases.
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia.
- It's the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that cannot be prevented, cured, or slowed.
Learn the signs, learn caregiver tips, join support groups, join us in the fight!
Thank you for helping us advance Alzheimer's support, care and research!
I have raised