Watch this space to learn about upcoming events and the latest Walk to End Alzheimer's news!
GET IN THE GAME: OSU v. MICHIGAN CHALLENGE
The Alzheimer’s Association chapters serving Ohio - proud Buckeye fans - have challenged our Michigan colleagues - dedicated Wolverine fans - in a head to head fundraising challenge to see who can score the most touchdowns in the fight against Alzheimer’s!
- Every $10 donated to your local Walk to End Alzheimer’s will be a 10 yard gain for that state. (Example: Every $10 raised by the Akron Walk counts as a 10 yard gain for Ohio.)
- Every $100 donated toward your local Walk to End Alzheimer’s will be touchtown for that state. (Example: Every $100 raised by the Akron Walk counts as a touchdown for Ohio.)
Starting today and leading up to the big OSU-Michigan game on Saturday, Nov. 30, and through Giving Tuesday on Dec. 3, the state who scores the most touchdowns (and raises the most funds to end Alzheimer’s) wins! Follow our Facebook event for daily standings, special challenges and some good-humored smack talking.
There’s still time to help us reach our goal:
- Facebook Fundraisers can motivate more friends to donate quickly on Facebook to earn your shirt! Invite your Facebook friends to support your fundraiser, and they will see updates about your progress as well as from other friends who donate. Already posted to Facebook? Re-share with a photo from Walk day! Learn how to set it up here.
- High $5 Challenge: Ask your friends to give you a “High $5” – Text or email five of your friends and ask them to donate $5 to your Walk team page. You can send them a direct link to your page and ask them to pass it along! Or text 2ENDALZ to 51555 to make a self-donation.
- Casual for a Cause Day: Have co-workers donate $5 to wear jeans or casual wear for the day. Spice it up by making it a Hat Day, Team Spirit Day, Purple Day, etc. Visit alz.org/casualforcause to learn more or ask about picking up your Casual for a Cause stickers today!