I think that most of you know that after many years of suffering from Alzheimer's, Mom died in 2020. My Dad, who died in 2021, was the primary person who supported Mom through her journey, so Alzheimer's affected him greatly as well.
It was very difficult to watch the changes in Mom's life over her last several years. Alzheimer's took her memory, her ability to live outside a nursing home, her independence, and most of the things that make life worth living. There needs to be a cure for this disease, and I'm happy to help. In addition to riding the MA/NH bike ride, I'm participating in a clinical trials to find a cure.
Please support my efforts by making a donation. All funds raised benefit the Alzheimer's Association's work. 90% of funds will be used to advance research toward methods of treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure for Alzheimer's disease. The other 10% will be used to provide care and support for families trying to deal with the disease. I've attended presentations by some of the leading researchers in the field who got their start with grants from the Alzheimer's Association - that's the type of work I'm trying to support.
Thank you for joining the fight against Alzheimer’s disease!