is fundraising to honor:
My Father, Tim Harrington
On August 10th, 2019, I'm doing what I love to honor those affected by Alzheimer’s disease. I’m participating in The Longest Day, by hosting a golf outing called, "The Harrington Open: Golfing for a World Without Alzheimer's". This is an annual fund raising event hosted by the Harrington Family to honor the memory of our Husband, Father and Friend, who lost his battle with Alzheimer's in 2009 after a courageous 10 year journey. In nine years this event has raised over $191,000, if we reach our $35,000 goal this year we will have raised over $225,000 in ten years. Please donate what you can, $5, $10...every bit helps!
This is a snapshot of how the money will be used:
- $100 enables four people to participate in caregiver support groups
- $200 pays for five individuals to attend skill building classes
- $250 funds Helpline assistance and info packets for 10 families
- $600 pays for six families to receive ongoing care consultations and support
- $1,200 enrolls 20 individuals with memory loss in the Medic Alert + Safe Return program and provides them with identification products
- $2,000 funds information and activity sessions for 80 low-income and under-served individuals
Today, over 35 million people across the world are living with Alzheimer's, including roughly 5.8 million Americans. In the U.S. alone, more than 16 million caregivers generously dedicate themselves to those with Alzheimer's and dementia. We must take action now, or these numbers will continue to rise.
Together, we can show those facing Alzheimer's disease that they are not alone. Please make a donation today to help the Alzheimer's Association support all those facing the disease. Thank you!
The Power of a Donation
The dollars you raise fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Add your name to my donor list today!
Send Me Encouragement
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.