Search for a Tribute Page

Find a specific tribute page by entering the full name of the person the tribute honors or the person who created it. If the tribute you are looking for does not display in the search results, try entering other information, such as a nickname or city. You can also scroll through a list of all tributes below.

Total Gifts:

Recent Donors

Thomas Lynch's tribute page:

Patricia Clarke Lynch

Team Fundraising Goal: $500.00

Total Number of Gifts: 5
Total Value of Gifts: $370.00

Recent Donors

Wiliam Schroeder

Patrick Lynch

Ed & Lucy Sushko

Kathy Lynch

Abby Lynch

Full Donor List Opens new window.Full Donor List

Patricia Clarke Lynch, known to friends as "Trixie", passed away on November 1, 2019, at the age of 84 years. A native of St. Mary's County, Maryland she was born on February 1, 1935 in Saint Inigoes. She was a small woman with a large personality and full of spirit.

She was the daughter of the late Thomas B. Clarke, Senior and Evelyn Sherbert Clarke. She is survived by brother Harry Weems Clarke of St. Inigoes. Her eldest brother, Thomas B. Clarke, Jr. passed away in 2015.

Trixie attended St. Michael's School for 8 years before entering Great Mills High School. She graduated from Great Mills High School in 1953 as a very active member of the student body. She enjoyed sports, being a cheerleader, and student government. She attended St. Mary's Seminary Junior College, in St. Mary's City studying business for 1 year.

In 1954 she began a short career as an Administrative Aide at the Armament Test Division at the U.S. Naval Air Test Center, Patuxent River, Md. This is where she met the love of her life, the late Jack Lynch who passed away May 2018.

On September 6, 1958 she married John F. Lynch, known as "Jack" to friends. Trixie retired from work in 1959 to begin a family and build a home on St. Inigoes Creek.

Trixie raised 4 sons and enjoyed a wonderful life with family and friends on the water boating, crabbing, and swimming. Trixie loved her flower gardens and being outdoors. She was a long time member of the Mistress Brent Garden Club, and served as president in 1986. Her favorite gardening event was decorating the State House for Christmas.

Trixie was a member of the Technical Support Division Wives Club for several years, serving as the Vice-President in 1969, hosting luncheons and events, and enjoyed being active in the community. Trixie continued to enjoy attending and hosting luncheons and traveling with their close friends.

In 1979 Trixie packed up the boys and drove across the country to be with her husband while he attended Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey, California. During their 18 month stay Trixie toured the west coast and shared many adventures with her family. She invited friends and family in Maryland to visit and share their west coast experiences.

Trixie was happy and excited to return home to her native St. Inigoes watching her family grow as her sons married and began their own journeys. Trixie truly enjoyed all the blessings her grandchildren and great- grandchildren brought to her life.

When she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and dementia the family already knew something was wrong from the changes in her personality. Forgetting where she put her keys or not remembering a word and seeing her frustration was challenging.

The family was able to keep her in her home with caregivers for some time, but her own safety became a concern with everyday tasks. Trixie was always a go-getter and her physical health was great, she could run circles around her husband. Sadly her husband had limited mobility and could not keep up with her, and would panic when she was out of sight. When the family realized the time had come to put her safety first, it was difficult to place her in assisted living.

It is impossible to describe the heartbreak you feel when the person you love no longer recognizes her family and friends who love her and want to help. Not recognizing her own husband, her son's, or a precious grandchild is the pain we felt. When the disease progressed to the stage where Trixie could not communicate was the most difficult. Even though Trixie always smiled and her eyes would light up when we spoke to her, she was happy person on the inside.

Sadly she could not tell her caregivers or her family of her own pain or suffering. As a family you worry and feel helpless in this fight. Pain is not recognized by their own mind in some instances; she never cried or showed symptoms of pain. She fell from dehydration once and when she was hospitalized and test result showed a simple infection had advanced to serious stage because Trixie could not tell or show anyone how she was feeling.

We are posting this tribute in memory of Trixie Lynch to support the Alzheimer's Association in hopes the money raised will help fund the research necessary to find a cure for this horrible disease as it continues to be a leading cause of death.

If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.