How Your Fundraising Helps
Every dollar you raise benefits those affected by Alzheimer’s disease in your community as well as research efforts to better understand the disease and identify discover effective treatments.The Alzheimer’s Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to-face support programs to promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer’s.
The Alzheimer’s Association:
Provides care and support to all those facing Alzheimer’s or related dementias.
• Our free nationwide 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offers reliable information and support anytime day or night.
• Our South Carolina Chapter team serves the state with outreach, education and support.
• Local virtual offerings—including education programs, caregiver support groups and early stage social engagament programs—are available from the safety of home to keep inidividuals connected with support during the pandemic.
• We offer robust tools for healthcare providers, including diagnostic tools and helpful resources to share with patients.
Drives research toward treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
• Directly funds scientific investigations, currently funding over $208 million in 590 active best-of-field projects in 31 countries through our grants program.
• Brings the global research community together to tackle common challenges, such as the first new diagnostic guidelines for Alzheimer’s in 28 years.
• Drives support for transformational projects, such as our $20 million investment to launch the U.S. Study to Protect Brain Health Through Lifestyle Intervention to Reduce Risk (U.S. POINTER).
Speaks up for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer’s.
• Advocates for Alzheimer's families at the South Carolina State House and state agencies.
• Works to ensure federal policy reflects the urgency of the Alzheimer’s epidemic, recently resulting in unprecedented increases in Alzheimer's research funding at the National Institutes of Health.
• Engages advocates nationwide to ensure that Alzheimer’s disease cannot be ignored.
A donor-supported organization, the Alzheimer's Association allocates its funds in an ethical and responsible manner that exceeds the rigorous standards of America’s most experienced charity evaluator, the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance. Learn more about our mission-related activities or contact your local chapter for information about programs and services in your community. Click here to learn more about our fundraising standards.