Tom's Personal Ride To End Alzheimer's Fundraising Page
Today, over 5.7 million Americans suffer from Alzheimers. 1 in 3 seniors die from this disease or other form of dementia. The economic impact by Alzheimers to the United States was $277 billion in 2018. Words cannot describe what these individuals and their families endure. I am writing to ask you to join me in my race against this horrible disease, through the annual Ride to End Alzheimer’s on Saturday, June 22, 2019.
Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative and fatal disease of the brain for which there is currently no cure. People with Alzheimer’s disease slowly lose their abilities to remember, to think, to communicate and to care for themselves. Ultimately, they become totally dependent on others for their daily care. Sadly, my mom, Joan Norton lost her battle to Alzheimer’s & dementia back in 2014.
But, there is hope and promise for the future. The Alzheimer’s Association is working hard to promote and fund research efforts to find a cure. For example, the Ride to End Alzheimer’s utilizes 90% of all donations to go towards disease research grants and the remaining 10% for support of families with Alzheimer’s in MA and NH.
This June, I am participating in my 8th annual century Ride to End Alzheimer's to help find a cure for this horrible disease. I have pledged to raise $750.00 for Alzheimer's research and ride 100 miles starting from Rye, NH. Please consider supporting me with a tax deductible donation!
Thank you so much and I appreciate your support and generosity in advance.