Maeve Hickey for Team End ALZ
This August I will be running in the 2022 Asics Falmouth Road Race as a member of Team End ALZ to support the Alzheimer's Association. Please consider a donation in support of my mission to help END ALZHEIMER'S.
Did you know....
- Over 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's today? And there are over 11 million American providing unpaid care for them?
- Alzheimer's and dementia deaths increased by 16% during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Between 2000 and 2019, deaths from heart disease have DECREASED 7.3% while deaths from Alzheimer's disease have INCREASED by 145%?
- Almost two thirds are those with Alzheimer's are women?
- Alzheimer's kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined?
- Older Black Americans are about twice as likely to have Alzheimer's or other dementias as older Whites?
- Older Hispanics are about 1.5X as likely to have Alzheimer's or other dementias as older Whites?
- 12.7 million people aged 65 and older are projected to have Alzheimer's by 2050?
The Alzheimer's Association needs our help to raise awareness of this disease, the no-cost support services they offer, and vital funding to advance research for treatments and a cure. The first survivor of Alzheimer's is out there. But we can't find them without your help. Please donate if you can. Thank you!