ISTAART offers a Student Volunteer
Program at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference® (AAIC® 2014). Accepted applicants receive travel and registration assistance in exchange for volunteer time
at the conference. The program is only available to new or current ISTAART student members.
Summary of responsibilities
Assist Alzheimer’s Association staff
- Representing ISTAART and promoting membership.
with the session chairs and speakers.
- Delivering course packets to session chairs.
up continuing education sign-in sheets.
staff of any issues, including audiovisual issues or late speakers.
unacceptable photographing and video recordings in session rooms.
unclaimed posters at the end of each day.
- Assisting conference attendees in locating session rooms, the exhibit hall, poster
Accepted volunteers are provided
with the following:
conference registration (excludes preconferences)
at a designated hotel* (booked by the Association)
airfare to and from the conference* (booked through the Association's Travel Store)
* Awards will not be given in the
form of a check. Awardees will not be reimbursed for booking their own travel,
hotel or conference registration without prior written authorization from the
- Applicants must be current ISTAART
members as of July 1, 2014. If you are a current member and your membership
expires June 30, 2014, you must renew by June 30 in order to participate if chosen.
- Applicants must be a verified
- Applicants must apply via the online
- Provide a 350-word statement of
need/interest (submitted via the online application form).
- Provide a recommendation from a faculty member
(submitted via the online application form).
- Award recipients must agree to
volunteer for the entire duration of AAIC (July 13-17, 2014).
- Applicants must be fluent in the
English language and able to effectively communicate with speakers and
ineligible for the program award if:
applicant currently owes the Association a reimbursement in connection with a
applicant received an ISTAART Student Volunteer Award in the past. Past recipients
are not eligible unless invited by ISTAART to participate as a volunteer lead.
applicant is a recipient of a 2014 Alzheimer's Association International
Conference Travel Fellowship.
How to apply
- First step: Complete the online application (below).
- Second step: For faculty recommendations, please click here. (Only recommendations submitted via the online recommendation form will be considered.)
deadline: April 11, 2014.
will be sent via email by April 15, 2014.