Chairs: Kostas Lyketsos, David Miller
Neuropsychiatric Syndromes (NPS) in Neurodegenerative Disease is widely acknowledged as a major public-health priority area in the field of neurodegenerative disease. Experts are reminded of the universal prevalence of these symptoms in Alzheimer’s and related conditions, the significant added disability for patients and caregivers associated with NPS and the relative scarcity of effective treatments for NPS. The PIA will focus on defining clinical entities that will serve as targets for research and treatment development in later years. Sub-groups related to specific NPS in Alzheimer’s disease, targeting depression, agitation, apathy, psychosis and sleep disorder, will work to develop a series of next steps to meet the PIA’s overall objective.
- Alliance of Women Alzheimer's Researchers (AWARE)
- Atypical Alzheimer's disease and Associated Syndromes
- Blood-Based Biomarkers
- Clinical Trials Advancement and Methods
- Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's Disease
- Innate Immunity
- Neuropsychiatric Syndromes
- Nutrition, Metabolism, and Dementia
- Perioperative Cognition
- Psychosocial Understanding and Intervention
- Subjective Cognitive Decline
- Vascular Cognitive Disorders
- Join ISTAART. Gain PIA Access.