Chair: Lis Evered
There is considerable clinical evidence that anesthesia and surgery independently cause cognitive decline, known as Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction (POCD). There is also a large body of laboratory evidence demonstrating an association between anesthetic agents and Alzheimer's disease neuropathology. An increasing number of elderly people are requiring surgery and anesthesia, many of whom will have, or be at risk of, Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or Alzheimer's disease. This PIA seeks to encourage communication and collaboration and combine research expertise, to improve cognitive outcomes and informed choices.
- Alliance of Women Alzheimer's Researchers (AWARE)
- Atypical Alzheimer's disease and Associated Syndromes
- Blood-Based Biomarkers
- Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's Disease
- Neuropsychiatric Syndromes
- Perioperative Cognition
- Psychosocial Understanding and Intervention
- Vascular Cognitive Disorders
- Join ISTAART. Gain PIA Access.