How we are making the Ride to End ALZ Safe
Our top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be the health and safety of staff, volunteers, event participants and the Alzheimer’s community. Therefore, we assure you that every in-person Ride to End ALZ® event will be conducted in adherence to federal, state, and local government agency guidance. Ride to End ALZ has been planned with the help and support of local, county, state and federal municipalities, as well as area health department agencies and healthcare providers. We strongly recommend and encourage all participants of our in-person activities to be vaccinated, but it is not required.
The following is a summary of guidelines, requirements and safety measures that have been put in place to ensure Ride to End ALZ is conducted in a safe manner. Since COVID-19 is an ever-changing situation, we will identify and adhere to the latest mass gathering limitations and guidance set by local, county, and state authorities, and have enhanced plans in place for preventing, mitigating, and responding to disease transmission.
We will be asking all riders, staff and volunteers to fill out this Contact Tracing Form prior to participating.
To ensure a safe event environment, all Ride to End ALZ attendees must also follow:
- Hand washing/sanitizing guidelines:
- Frequent hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds or use of hand sanitizer when a sink is not available
- Toilets staged apart from one another with touch-free handwashing stations
- Cough and sneeze etiquette
- Venue flow ground markings, specific queuing instructions and movement limitations:
- All attendees must follow directional signage
- Physically distanced bike racks with participants handling their own equipment; capacity limits on the bike rack area
- Staggered start times to limit the number of riders on the route and at rest stops during the event
- Bike compound will be self-racked with volunteer oversight
Additional safety measures put in place to protect Ride to End ALZ participants include:
- Proof of vaccination or supplying a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event is required for all Ride to End ALZ staff.
- Digital packet/material pick up and reduced use of paper/pens (all participants will receive a barcode by email prior to the event to show at packet pickup).
- Support and gear vehicles will be frequently cleaned and require occupants to wear masks, use hand sanitizer and only allow one passenger at a time.
- Rest stops are self-serve with prepackaged food only, and participants are required to use their own water bottles. Volunteers must wear masks and gloves while serving riders.
- Staggered times for VIP Dinner to limit the number of guests at the event at one time.
100% of the funds raised go toward the Association's efforts to discover methods of treatment and prevention for Alzheimer's and other dementias.
BACK TO TOP