Your Dollars at Work
Every dollar you raise benefits those affected by Alzheimer's disease in your community.
The Alzheimer's Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to-face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer's.
The Alzheimer's Association:
Provides care and support to all those facing Alzheimer's.
- Online message boards through ALZConnected® (página en inglés).
- Support groups, connecting those facing the disease with a network of help in their community.
- A free nationwide 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offering information and referrals.
Drives research toward treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
- Currently investing more than $320 million in over 1000 active best-of-field projects in 54 countries, spanning six continents.
- Accelerates study focused on the relationship between lifestyle habits and cognitive function by funding and implementing clinical trials such as the U.S. POINTER StudyU.S. Pointer.
- Leads the field in research around risk reduction by investing in studies such as SPRINT MIND 2.0, a study to clarify the role of lowering blood pressure in reducing dementia risk.
Speaks up for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer's.
- Helps to pass landmark legislation such as the National Alzheimer's Project Act, which mandated a national plan to fight Alzheimer's.
- Drives bipartisan support for federal Alzheimer's and dementia research funding, which reached $3.7 billion annually.
- Fights to protect people living with Alzheimer's and dementia through legislation such as the Promoting Alzheimer’s Awareness to Prevent Elder Abuse Act.