Every dollar you raise benefits those affected by Alzheimer's disease in your community.
The Alzheimer's Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to-face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer's.
The Alzheimer's Association:
Provides care and support to all those facing Alzheimer's.
- Online message boards through ALZConnected®.
- Support groups, connecting those facing the disease with a network of help in their community.
- A free nationwide 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offering information and referrals.
Drives research toward treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
- Currently investing over $250M to more than 750 projects in 39 countries.
- Accelerates study focused on the relationship between lifestyle habits and cognitive function by funding and implementing clinical trials such as the U.S. POINTER Study.
- Leads the field in research around risk reduction by investing in studies such as SPRINT MIND, the first randomized clinical trial to demonstrate that aggressive treatment of blood pressure can significantly reduce the occurrence of mild cognitive impairment (MCI).
Speaks up for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer's.
- Helps to pass landmark legislation such as the National Alzheimer's Project Act, which mandated a national plan to fight Alzheimer'='s.
- Drives bipartisan support for federal Alzheimer's and dementia research funding, bringing the current annual total to $2.8 billion.
- Ensures that individuals living with dementia, regardless of age, have access to critical care and support services through legislation such as the Older Americans Act.