Welcome to the NORTH CAROLINA William “Bill” Emery Caregiver Resource Center!
A library for people living in North Carolina
In support of our mission, we provide free access to accurate, current, and comprehensive information to people with Alzheimer's disease, family members, caregivers and health professionals through the Emery Resource Library. Books, DVDs, and CDs are available on a variety of topics including brain health, symptom management, emotional health, family support, disease information, and more.
IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA, we invite you to:
- Check with your chapter to see if they offer a lending library - alz.org. Put in your zip code.
- Check out the National Virtual Library; the nation's oldest and foremost library and resource center devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
- Call 1-800-272.-3900 and speak to the care consultant who is part of a team who can provide you with more details and resources.
How does the resource library work?
- Our lending library is for those living in North Carolina who have Alzheimer's, their friends & families, and health professionals. It is a free resource.
- Up to two (2) items at a time may be checked out. Additional items listed on the order will need to be re-ordered upon the return of the first set of materials.
- All items are mailed based on availability. If the item(s) you requested is currently checked out by other members, we will keep you updated as they become available. If the item(s) is coming in shortly, we may hold your order so that we can ship it complete.
- Items are loaned out for four (4) weeks. Please return items as soon as you are finished with them so others can enjoy them as well.
- Each shipment will come with a postage-paid return envelope so items may be returned at no cost to you.
Tim idolizes his beloved grandfather, the strong outdoorsman who helped raise him. When Tim and his mother and step-father visit his grandfather, Tim refuses to believe Grandad has Alzheimer's disease. Tim decides to prove to the family that Granddad is fine and that his confusion just comes from geting older. All seems well when Tim and Granddad sneak off together on a fishing trip, but Granddad has forgotten supplies and equipment. One mistake leads to another, and suddenly Tim realizes that they're far from shore and headed for trouble that he can't handle.This book depicts the challenges a grandson faces as he realizes his Grandpa has Alzheimer's disease.