Team Page of:
Lexington Goes Purple
Our Team Story
This year, the Lexington Goes Purple team, in partnership with the Lexington Human Services Department, the Munroe Center for the Arts, and Cary Memorial Library will run a series of Longest Day events on Saturday, June 9 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM centered at the Lexington Depot.
And join us at the Depot:
- 9:30 am - 10:30 am: Dress your favorite pooch in purple and join the Purple Puppy Promenade at the Lexington Depot. In exchange for a donation of any amount, get an official Alzheimer's Association bandana. Register at the Sign Up Genius above.
- 10:00 am to noon: Guided Walk with Lexington Conservation (CLC) through Lincoln Park, one of Lexington’s most accessible open spaces. Centrally located across Worthen Road from the LHS playing fields, Lincoln Park includes a graded trail system, landscaped with native plant species as well as a boardwalk loop through wetlands with interpretive signage. The walk will leave from the Lexington Depot following side streets to reach the Park.
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Enjoy live classical music from the Lexington Chamber Music Center.
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm: Sing-a-long and storytelling with Rose Harvey and Lin Kelleher.
- All day: Fold a paper crane with the LHS Origami Club at the Lexington Depot - 1,000 cranes will help our wish for a World Without Alzheimer’s come true.
- All day: Participate in Citizen Science research by playing Stall Catchers on your smartphone or mobile device.
- All day: Learn about services and support for patients and caregivers from local providers.
- All day: Share memories at the "My Favorite Memory Is..." photo salon.
- 4:00pm: Celebrate with purple ice cream.
Want to volunteer? Click here to sign up!
The Power of a Donation
The dollars you raise fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Add your name to my donor list today!