Your Dollars at Work
Every dollar you raise benefits those affected by Alzheimer’s disease in your community.
The Alzheimer’s Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer’s. The Alzheimer’s Association:
Provides care and support to all those facing Alzheimer’s.
- Online message boards through ALZConnectedŽ.
- In-person support groups, connecting those facing the disease with a network of help in their community.
- A free nationwide 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offering information and referrals.
Drives research toward treatment, prevention and, ultimately, a cure.
- Provides more than $405 million to over 2,600 scientific proposals, creating critical advancements.
- Brings the global research community together to tackle common challenges, such as the first new diagnostic guidelines for Alzheimer’s in 27 years.
- Drives support for transformational projects such as the Dominantly Inherited Alzheimer’s Network Trials Unit (DIAN TU).
Speaks up for the needs and rights of people affected by Alzheimer’s.
- Helps to pass landmark legislation such as the National Alzheimer's Project Act, which mandated a national plan to fight Alzheimer's.
- The Association works to ensure that federal policy reflects the urgency of the Alzheimer's epidemic; resulting in the full incorporation of the Alzheimer's Accountability Act, which allows scientists at the National Institutes of Health to more fully communicate research needs to Congress.
- Recruits advocates nationwide, so that the need for Alzheimer's care, education and research is heard at every level of government.