48 Peaks Challenge
June 10 - June 12, 2016
Location: White Mountains, New Hampshire
Contact: Charlene Bemis (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-393-2023)
Welcome to the 2nd annual 48 Peaks Challenge!
In 2015, our inaugural year, we had 35 teams that together summited all 48 Peaks in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and raised over $110,000 for the Alzheimer's cause.
For 2016, we're excited for even bigger and better things! We're mobilizing teams to once again climb all 48 of New Hampshire's 4,000-footers on the weekend of June 10th-12th and reach our fundraising goal of #150,000!
We're going to make this a powerful display of strength and resilience in the Alzheimer's community! The Longest Day is a tribute to our caregiver heroes and those facing Alzheimer's. By participating, teams are challenged to put their passions to work and fight Alzheimer's from sunrise to sunset. Each dawn-to-dusk challenge symbolizes the difficult Alzheimer's journey and the strength and endurance of caregivers.
Here's how to join the 48 Peaks Challenge:
- Register! Here are your options:
- Start your own team and recruit some hiking friends or family to join you by clicking "Start A Team" in the upper right section of this page. (*Please be sure to select "MA/NH: 48 Peaks Challenge" in the "Team Company, School, or Organization" dropdown menu to ensure your registration is affiliated with the correct event.)
- Join an existing team by scrolling down this page to find the team you're looking for, click "Join" and complete the form.
- Hike on your own! To do so simply "start your own team" of one!
- Upon registration you will receive a welcome kit in the mail with your TLD t-shirt and other event and fundraising materials. If you started your own team you will receive an email from a 48 Peaks Challenge Task Force member to determine which peak you will be hiking.
- Build your team! Recruit some fellow hikers, family members and friends to join you. Send them the link to this page, tell them your team name and have them register!
- Personalize your fundraising page with a picture, share any connections you have to Alzheimer's or a little information on why you are participating in this event. Let your family and friends know what you’re doing and start collecting donations!
- Learn more about the 48 4,000 ft. peaks of the NH White Mountains that we are collectively hiking! Check out the trail distance, elevation, and difficulty rating so you can find a peak that meets your abilities. (www.4000footers.com/nh)
- And lastly, be sure to join our 48 Peaks Challenge Facebook group to connect with fellow hikers and share tips for your fundraising and hiking plans! (www.facebook.com/groups/alz48peaks)
Your hike can take place any day during the weekend of June 10th-12th. Safety is our #1 priority with this event, so please pick the day that has the best weather and that works best for your team. Rain dates are set for the weekend of June 17th-19th.
After it's all done, join us for the Wrap-up Celebration on Monday, June 20, the longest day of the year. We'll be inviting all our teams from The Longest Day to celebrate together! You'll receive more details as it nears.
Any questions, contact Charlene Bemis at email@example.com or 617-393-2023!
|Participant Name||Event Name||Amount|
|Deborah Griffin||2016 The Longest Day||
|Sam Steele||2016 The Longest Day||
|Jason Lynch||2016 The Longest Day||
|Lisa Burt||2016 The Longest Day||
|Marielle Postava-Davignon||2016 The Longest Day||
|Jill Brewer||2016 The Longest Day||
|Solange Connolly||2016 The Longest Day||
|Alex Moody||2016 The Longest Day||
|Matthew Steele||2016 The Longest Day||
|Lea Lehman||2016 The Longest Day||