Emily's Walk Donation Page
Although I do not have as direct a relationship with Alzheimer’s as many do, we should continue to support the fight to learn more.
Below is my good friend Stephanie’s story:
My grammy Helen was diagnosed with this disease 10 years ago.
Alzheimer's and dementia took her mind fast but her body has been slow to decline, so she exists basically in a hospital bed, half conscious, unable to walk, hardly able to talk, or feed/care for herself in a nursing home for 9 years.
- it is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- it kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- today, every 66 seconds someone gets Alzheimer's in this country, by 2050, it will be every 33 seconds.
- women make up 2/3rds of the people in the U.S. with the disease.
- if someone in your family has had dementia or Alzheimer's it increases your chances of getting the disease.
- there is no cure and they know little about what causes it
Together, we can end Alzheimer's disease. Please make a donation to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Thank you for joining the fight against Alzheimer's!
Thank you for helping us advance Alzheimer's support, care and research!
I have raised