Team Page of:
Longb-ALZ for Larry
Our Team Story
We are excited to announce the 2nd annual Longb-ALZ for Larry, a Home Run Derby at Pitch2Pitch in Chanhasen MN (Saturday, September 15th) 8151 Century Blvd - raising money for this important cause. My dad was a huge baseball fan and passed his passion along to my brothers and me, and we are passing that along to our kids. "Longb-ALZ for Larry" will be a fundraising event with a goal of hitting 500 HRs and raising $10,000. Last year's event raised $7,000 - we have our sights set on $10K and beyond! The event will run from 4PM to midnight (or later if demand exists), to commemorate “the Longest Day” that patients and caregivers of this horrible disease experience..
The event will consist of 30 minute time slots, where you and your team can hit off a tee, live batting practice, or off a pitching machine, and a virtual reality baseball simulator will track your hits against an MLB stadium of your choice. Want to hit a bomb over the Green Monster at Fenway? Onto Waveland Avenue in Wrigley? Into McCovey Cove like Barry Bonds did in San Francisco? Into the Plaza at Target Field? Challenge your family or friends to a contest - the fences can be electronically adjusted for distance to handicap it for people of all ages and abilities!
1. Form a team – 4 to 6 people who want to take a chance to take live batting practice and see in virtual reality if you can hit home runs in your favorite MLB park, and raise money for a very important cause! Can be a family challenge, a kid-only team, or an adult grudge match. Hittrax baseball simulator not only lets you choose your park, but also the fence distances!
2. Register your 30 minute time slot (currently filling Saturday, Sept 15th 4PM-Midnight slots) on the attached link. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e044ea4ab2ca13-home
3. Raise money. Each participant on your team registered by September 1st will receive an event tee-shirt, in exchange for the minimum suggested team fundraising goal of $100 (kids only team) or $250 (adults team). Make donations or forward the following link. http://act.alz.org/goto/Longb-ALZ4Larry
a. Any individual raising more than $100 will receive a gift card to either Enki Brewing or the Social Ice Cream Shop to celebrate your success!
b. The top 5 individual fundraisers will receive premium tickets to a Twins game in late September, or an equivalent gift card if that is preferred.
4. Post your involvement on your social media feeds. Let's fill this up and reach our goals!
5. Come to the event on September 15th, challenging your teammates to a competition. Most home runs? Longest home run? Dream of being a switch hitter - farthest opposite hand swing? You pick it and have fun!
The Power of a Donation
The dollars you raise fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Add your name to my donor list today!