Team Page of:
Ascending for Alzheimer's
Our Team Story
Ascending for Alzheimer's team is participating in the 4th annual Longest Day event. Our goal this year is to have several amazing hikes available and raise $10,000 towards helping to find an end to Alzheimer's. We will organize several hikes starting in May.
Please join our team to help us work toward a world without Alzheimer's. There is no cost to register for our team!! Just click here to join.
You have the option to purchase a purple Alzheimer's t-shirt for a very reasonable price at registration.
The goal of the team is first and foremost to fund-raise. The funds are used directly for Alzheimer's care, support, research, awareness and advocacy. Your efforts in fundraising are essential to the success of the event.
Another very import goal is to spread awareness of this devastating disease. Tell people what you are doing, educate them about the effects of Alzheimer's, invite them to join the team, ask them for donations and share your personal experiences. You will be surprised how many others are touched by this disease!
Lastly, our goal is to participate as a group in fun, safe, yet challenging hikes in the beautiful Colorado Front Range.
Thank you for your support and participation!! (and I’ll still plan to camp and make a Dutch oven meal!).
10 Reasons to Join Ascending for Alzheimer’s team:
1. Guaranteed exercise
2. The event counts as “volunteering”
3. A recent study shows that today 5.1 million people in the US have Alzheimer’s. It is estimated by 2050 that number will increase to 13.5 million!!
4. Currently 1 in 3 seniors are dying with Alzheimer’s or related dementia
5. Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the US
6. Alzheimer’s is the only cause of death in the top 10 causes that cannot be cured, prevented or even slowed
7. Unless something is done to put a stop to this disease, the cost of care is estimated to rise to $1 TRILLION over the next few decades (it is $236 Billion today).
8. Every 66 seconds, someone in the US develops the disease
9. There is hope!! Clinical trials, new drugs, and scientific research is being developed every day.
10. You can help to find an end to Alzheimer’s!!
The Power of a Donation
The dollars you raise fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Add your name to my donor list today!