is participating to honor:
My Amazing Mom!
I'm participating in The Longest Day in honor of my mom who I think you all know has Alzheimer's disease. And now breast cancer. While we must take care of the mass she really has no idea why or sometimes even why she is having surgery. It might be a blessing she doesn't remember why. She has no recollection of having hip surgery in November either. It is so hard to see this but she always has a big smile on her face when we walk in the room and the staff at West Park tell me every time how much they love her. Alzheimer's had made her quite the character.
All funds will help raise awareness and advance the local care, support and national/international research efforts of the Alzheimer’s Association.
A Few Facts about Alzheimer's that you may not know.
- Every 65 seconds someone in the US develops the disease
- Alzheimer's disease kills more people than breast and prostate cancer combined
- Alzheimer's can and does occur in people under 65- this is called Younger Onset
- It is the 6th leading cause of death and the ONLY disease in the top 10 in America that CANNOT BE PREVENTED, CURED OR EVEN SLOWED DOWN
- It is not just something that happens with age
- more than 5.7 Million Americans have the disease
TOGETHER, we can make a difference!
We will be hosting a Yoga event on June 9 at Smale Pak near our Memory Garden. You can participate with a suggested donation of $20. Please email me if you are interested.
Love you all,
The Power of a Donation
The dollars you raise fuel the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association.
Add your name to my donor list today!
Send Me Encouragement
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.