Alzheimer's is a horrible disease that needs a cure now. We are part of RIVALZ because we want to see an end to Alzheimer's and other dementias... and we need your help!
Once again, instead of playing, we're teaming up with the Association, RivAlz (formerly Blondes vs. Brunettes®) as a Rallier! RivAlz is a nationwide women’s flag-football league created to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association. The players are training and preparing for game day, but win or lose, our true goal is a world without Alzheimer’s.
We need your support to do our part! Please make a donation to help the Alzheimer's Association advance research to discover methods of prevention, treatment and ultimately, a cure for Alzheimer’s. For the millions already affected by the disease, the Association offers care, education, support and resources in communities nationwide.
Thanks in advance for your generosity! Together, we can help find a cure for Alheimer's!
Alzheimer's Facts and Figures:
* Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
* More than 15 million Americans prvoide unpaid care for people with Alzhiemer's or other dementia's
* In 2016, these caregivers provided an estimated 18.2 BILLION hours of care valued at over $230 billion
* In 2017, Alzheimer's and other dementias will cost the nation $259 billion, and by 2050, these costs could rise as high as $1.1 TRILLION.
* 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer's or another dementia
* Every 66 seconds, someone in the US develops the disease.
* It kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer COMBINED
* Since 2000, deaths from heart disease have decreased by 14%, while deaths from Alzheimer's have INCREASED by 89%