Date and time:Sunday, October 11, 2015
Challenge yourself to change the course of Alzheimer's disease by becoming an ALZ Star! Go the distance in the fight against this devastating disease by training for and completing the Bank of America Chicago Marathon while raising valuable funds to advance the care, support and research efforts of the Alzheimer's Association. Whether you're a first time marathoner, or a seasoned veteran, you know the power of running. Running changes everything-let's change the course of Alzheimer's-and make every mile matter - together.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the marathon is a 2 STEP PROCESS
Step 1: Join our ALZ Stars team! Joining the team secures your guaranteed entry into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. You will be sent a separate email with instructions on how to self-register for the Chicago Marathon.
Step 2: Register for the Chicago Marathon. YOU WILL BE SENT A LINK IN A SEPARATE EMAIL AFTER YOU JOIN THE TEAM (registration URL's will be sent after March 10, 2015)
Are you ready to bypass the lottery and guarantee your entry today by becoming an ALZ Star? To register for ALZ Stars, click on "Sign Up Now" below.
Please note: When you secure your access to a guaranteed charity entry through ALZ Stars, you are committing to a fundraising minimum of $1,000, if you secure your spot BEFORE the lottery period closes on April 21, 2015. If you join the team AFTER the lottery period, the fundraising minimum is $1,500. If you have not met your fundraising minimum by OCTOBER 6, 2015, your credit card will be charged the difference. For example, if you have raised $800 by October 6, 2015 your credit card will be charged $200 on October 7, 2015
Please register as an OPEN REGISTRATION participant at this time. As an open registration participant, you are committing to raise $1,000 for the Alzheimer's Association.
ALZ Stars are eligible to be reimbursed your marathon entry fee, once your fundraising minimum is met. You must request your reimbursement in writing, via e-mail to Sharri Scott no later than October 1, 2015.
- Entry fee reimbursement once you meet your fundraising goal (must be requested in writing prior to October 1, 2015)
- FREE marathon training with CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association): Chicagoland team members only
- ALZ Star technical gear: Receive your exclusive ALZ Star singlet to train in and wear on race day after you meet your first fundraising milestone of $100.
- Fully supported fundraising web page-TONS of information to get you started, including fundraising emails to personalize and send to all your supporters!
- Access to Experts: You will have opportunities to participate in trainings and clinics on injury prevention, race day preparation, nutrition and fundraising as led by coaches and other professionals!
- Opportunities for group runs! If you can't find one where you live - just ask me to help!
- Incentives for raising funds!
- Team Pre-race pasta dinner! Get excited & inspired for race day while carbo-loading with your teammates!
- Pre & Post race access to exclusive ALZ Star event space with lots of amenities for you and your supporters.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, the camaraderie of a team that is striving for the same vision - a world without Alzheimer's.
Call or e-mail Sharri Scott, Manager, Athletic Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-324-0378.