Join the cause
Add your voice to ours — become an advocate today.
Check back soon for more events! Stay up to date - follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
AARP Nebraska Advocacy Road Tour
Join our friends at AARP to review what happened this year in the Nebraska Legislature in the areas of caregiving, independent living, tax relief, financial security and more. RSVP by June 10. Call 1-877-926-8300
- West Point, 10:30am - 12:00pm, Nielsen Community Center
- Columbus, 2:30pm - 4:00pm, Duster's Restaurant
- Grand Island, 10:30am - 12:00pm, College Park at Grand Island
- York, 2:30pm - 4pm, Chances "R" Restaurant
- Beatrice, 10:00am - 11:30, Valentinos Restaurant
- Omaha, 2:00pm - 3:30 pm, Garden Cafe
- Kearney, 10:00am - 11:30am, Alley Rose Restaurant
- Holdrege, 1:30pm - 3:00pm, Super 8 Motel
Save the date
2016 Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum
April 4-6, 2016
Washington Marriott Wardman Park
What is an advocate?
Alzheimer advocates play an important role in improving the quality of care and quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families by working to improve dementia care and services; improve access to community-based care; improve quality care in residential settings; and expand funding for research and public programs serving people with dementia.
As an advocate, you will:
- Receive regular updates about current legislative and public policy issues.
- Stay on top of policy and legislative issues through alerts and updates.
- Make calls or write to legislators to forward public policy priorities to improve quality of life for those living with Alzheimer’s.
Nebraska State Alzheimer's Plan
The state of Nebraska needs to support the growing number of people with Alzheimer's disease. A comprehensive state government Alzheimer's disease plan would identify critical issues, explore solutions, and construct a roadmap to guide a state's development into a dementia-capable state.
Learn more about Alzheimer's State Plans>>
Thank you, Advocates!!
With your help, LB320 is on its way to the Governor's desk after passage at the Legislature on May 21, 2015.
Join the conversation | #ENDALZ #LB320
Back to top