With so much technology available to us, we sometimes forget that the best way to make an impact is through personal outreach. Asking your friends and family to join your team or support your Walk to End Alzheimer’s efforts in person will be by far the most effective way to get others involved. If you can’t see them face-to-face, give them a call and let them hear the excitement in your voice!
Today’s tip: Ask in person
Did you know that people who fundraise both online and offline raise three times more than those who fundraise only online, and six times more than those who fundraise only offline?
Here are some more fun ideas to throw in the mix - No technology needed!
- Write letters to family and friends asking for support.
- Hang fliers and posters in your community or office.
- Speak at your office staff meeting or company meeting.
- Organize a car wash, craft sale or bake sale.
- Host a movie night, wine-tasting or trivia night to promote your Walk efforts.
Remember we are here to help you! Check out our Walker Resource Page to find more fun and creative fundraising tips and printable materials (flyers, posters etc.) you can use to help you fundraise and spread the word!
Have a team fundraising event coming up or need additional fundraising support? Call our Walk Hotline at 858.966.3319 or firstname.lastname@example.org and see how we can help you!
Walk swag and fundraising incentive prizes will be rewarded based on INDIVIDUAL fundraising dollars - not by team totals!
Tips to remember:
- When fundraising ask friends and family to donate to you as a WALKER
- ALL dollars that are raised by a Walker belonging to a Walk team, will automatically reflect in the team total.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Walk Hotline at 858.966.3319 or email@example.com
P.S. Need help kick-starting your fundraising efforts? Check out our NEW Walker Resource page for materials and tips to help you reach your fundraising goal!
P.P.S. Be sure to like us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest Walk news and fundraising incentive contests!
Some of the most inspiring stories of Alzheimer’s are from individuals living with the disease. Read what they have to say. If you would like to share your story through the San Diego Chapter, please call 858.966.3319 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You to our Sponsors!