Alzheimer's Association, Vermont Chapter
National Plan to Address Alzheimer's Disease: 2013 Update
The HOPE for Alzheimer's Act
The Vermont State Plan on Dementia
Map of Main Street Landing
The 2013 National Alzheimer's Plan Update was released on June 14th. Come learn what progress is being made and join in the discussion of how to continue the momentum on the federal and state level.
Please RSVP Below
When: Thursday, August 29, 2013
7:30am to 9:00am (coffee and breakfast treats available at 7:00am)
Where: Black Box Theatre at Main Street Landing Performing Arts Center
60 Lake Street, 3rd Floor, Burlington, VT 05401
Why: The Town Hall Meeting offers the opportunity for positive discussion and for your voice to be heard on the impact that a successfully implemented National Alzheimer’s Plan and Vermont State Plan will have.
Guests & Panelists to date include:
● Susan Elliott, Community Liaison for Representative Peter Welch
● Phil Fiermonte, Outreach Director for Senator Bernie Sanders
● Kelly Mazza, Alzheimer’s Association Ambassador to Senator Leahy, member
Governor's Commission on Alzheimer’s and related Dementias and Executive
Director at The Arbors at Shelburne
● William Pendlebury, MD, Medical Director, The Memory Center at Fletcher Allen
Health Care and Director of the Center on Aging at UVM
● Karel Samsom and his wife Cynthia Foster. Karel is living with Alzheimer’s
disease and is a recent appointee to the national Alzheimer’s Association Early
Stage Advisory Group
• John Tracy, State Director for Senator Patrick Leahy
● Susan Wehry, MD, Commissioner, Vermont Department of Aging, Disabilities, and
● and more to come
Purple denotes panel member
Have a question for our panelists, but can't make it? Submit your questions here.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT; MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
Sponsored in part by The Arbors, CCTV, and Main Street Landing.