**ONLINE REGISTRARTION IS CLOSED.**
Walk-in registration is welcome!
5th Annual Fall Conference
Meaningful Life with Alzheimer's Disease"
Following the conference, the learner will be able to:
- Understand that presumed "behavioral manifestations of the disease" are actually expressions of unmet needs
- Apply the 6-Pieces of the Puzzle method to facilitate care partners discussion and resolution to behavior modification
- Identify key features of dementia-related changes
- Demonstrate the perceived field of vision changes early to mid-stages of dementia
- Demonstrate how to pair visual cues to match verbal cues to facilitate communication
- Decribe the shift from SCUs (special care units) of the 1990s to Person-Centered Care of the 21st century
- Identify issues that caregivers face as they support those living with dementia
- Define the dementia care model that focuses on the spiritual components of care
- Describe mindfulness as it relates to dementia care and self care
- Recognize the challenges for caregivers in the transition process
For more information on the keynote speaker and conference agenda, please see the 2016 Fall Conference Flyer.
If your organization is interested in Sponsoring the Conference, there are a variety of Sponsorship Opportunities Available! For more info, please see the Conference Partnership Proposal and Sponsorship Commitment Form.
This conference is being generously supported by Schoolcraft College.